Saturday, June 20, 2009

Saturday Morning at the Park

It’s one of those perfect summer mornings. Dark clouds loom overhead teasing rain that isn’t going to fall. Abby and I rush to the park trying to beat the sun. I suppose it decided to sleep in this morning, hiding under the covers just a little longer. It makes me glad that we didn’t so that we might share this perfect morning. Do I wish there were more mornings like this? Maybe, but I’m thankful that God knows what He’s doing when He gives us so few. I know they would go to waste and be lost on me if there were too many. Even worse, I might come to resent them, wishing for a change in the weather. Almost on cue, my thoughts bring the sun through a break in the clouds. We’ll enjoy these final moments as the sun plays peek-a-boo behind clouds racing across the sky. I guess everyone is feeling playful today; even the birds play tag in an open field. Abby and I hide under a shade tree to enjoy the cool breeze and stretch the morning out a little longer. By this afternoon I’ll be praising the sun as I bask in it’s rays and find cool relief by diving into a crisp pool of water. It sure seems as if God knows what He’s doing.